Fly-in Program: Cosmetic Surgery
Patients from across the country and around the world fly-in for the experience of Dr. Zannis. Enjoy a retreat to North Carolina’s Crystal Coast as you recuperate in comfort and privacy. Relax and let us pamper you on your makeover vacation. We have perfected the protocol for treating out-of-town patients, including a visit to our 5-star medspa and an overnight stay at one of historic New Bern’s finest bed & breakfasts.
Personal Attention to Your Needs from the Start
Your first step is to call us for an in-person consultation or use our Virtual Consultation process. With the Virtual Consultation, you will fill out online forms relating to your goals and questions for us. You will also upload your photos so that Dr. Zannis may provide you with individualized information for your particular situation. You will have additional telephone or email conversations with Dr. Zannis and be provided a quote for your procedure.
Once you have decided to pursue surgery with the Zannis Center for Plastic Surgery, we will guide you through the rest of the process. We will provide you with a comprehensive packet that includes details of the procedure, pre-op instructions for the weeks and days leading up to your surgery, and information related to recovery and what to expect after your surgery.
Our Goal: The Best Care with Less Stress
We strive to reduce your stress and make it as convenient for you as possible while you’re here for surgery. We’ll schedule your pre- and post-op office visits in advance. We’ll provide options for hotels located within a short drive to our office/surgery center. Many nearby hotels and bed & breakfasts offer suites complete with master bedrooms, living areas and kitchens, so you can make yourself more at home while recovering after surgery. The Coastal Carolina Regional Airport in New Bern is very convenient and services all major locations.
Your Surgical Week in Review
Typically, our cosmetic surgery patients will make travel arrangements for a schedule that looks like this:
- Arrive 1-3 days before surgery in order to have a visit with us in our office. At this appointment, you will have a face to face consultation where you may get any last minute questions answered, view before and after photos, and meet additional staff members who will assist the surgeon in your medical care. You will also receive your medication prescriptions to have filled before surgery (and to use after surgery).
- On the day of surgery, your companion can stay with you until you are taken to the operating room. After surgery, you will be in the recovery room for 30-60 minutes.
- For some procedures (ex. breast augmentation) you may return home the following day. Other procedures (facelift, abdominoplasty) require a next day follow-up with Dr. Zannis. If you have drainage tubes with an abdominoplasty, those need to be removed at 7 days after surgery.
- If you are close enough for a follow-up, we suggest a return visit at 4 weeks and 3 months out from surgery. If you live too far for repeated visits, we will continue to follow up with you through email and phone calls. You will send us pictures as well so that we may follow your healing progression. You will have Dr. Zannis cell phone number for after-hours concerns.
What to Bring
You don’t need to bring much with you when traveling to us for surgery. In addition to your usual toiletries, we suggest:
- Identification and insurance cards to have prescriptions filled
- 4 or 5 slightly oversized shirts that button or zipper down the front
- Comfortable, loose fitting pants (sweat or yoga pants) and pajama bottoms
- Pillow to place between yourself and the seat belt in the car or plane during post-surgery travel
- Sports bottle or other spill-proof cup to hold water
- Lozenges to soothe your throat, which may be a bit sore the day after surgery
- Here is a more extensive list of Items to Bring for Out-of-Town Patients.
New Bern is an ideal vacation spot for sun seekers and history enthusiasts alike. The city sits at the confluence of two beautiful rivers, the Neuse and the Trent. Here you’ll find Tryon Palace, spectacular gardens, waterfront parks, and lively entertainment. The historic downtown streets are lined with quaint shops and cozy restaurants. Further south, you can enjoy the 157,000 acre Croatan National Forest, nationally recognized for its trails and recreation opportunities. In 2010, New Bern celebrated its 300th Anniversary.
We are easily accessible to Kinston, Havelock, Jacksonville, Morehead City, Beaufort, and the beaches of Atlantic Beach and Emerald Isle.
Doubltree by Hilton New Bern Riverfront
Phone: (252) 638-3585
The Aerie Bed & Breakfast
Phone: (800) 849-5553
Comfort Suites Riverfront Park
Phone: (252) 636-0022