Why Botox Is So Popular
Botox injection has been used cosmetically for the past 15 years and medically for even longer. Its capabilities are diverse and are consistently being improved upon. It’s become a household name and a common way to fight the signs of aging, with some people approaching it as a regular self-maintenance act, like brushing one’s teeth. It’s usage and normality are on the rise, and it’s clear Botox isn’t going anywhere any time soon. By 2018, the Botox industry is expected to reach $2 billion in the American market. So, why is it so popular? How did this craze become so widespread? Here’s why out patients at Zannis Center for Plastic Surgery most commonly say they like Botox so much.
- It has medical benefits. Botox isn’t just for cosmetic use. It’s also commonly used to manage muscle spasms and pain, as well as excessive sweating and migraines. It’s even used to help those afflicted with movement disorders such as Parkinson’s.
- It’s excellent at smoothing wrinkles and reducing the appearance of skin drooping. Some people tend to associate Botox with the overdone look often trending with celebrities, but the right surgeon is equipped to avoid this.
- It’s non-invasive and cost-effective. Botox is an injection. It’s not a surgical procedure. There’s no anesthesia or incision. Because of this, the cost is far less than alternatives.
- There’s no recovery time. Another benefit to Botox being non-invasive is that there’s no need to waiting for any healing to occur. You can even do it on your lunch break and go back to work an hour later as normal.
- The results last. This is a huge benefit to Botox. For relatively little time and financial investment, you get results that can last up to 18 months.
- It’s painless. Honestly. Most patients experience a prick or a very brief sting upon injection, but any more than that is uncommon.
- It can be customized. The effects of Botox are more controllable than many other procedures. This allows you and your doctor to discuss your specific goals and tailor your results to your desired look.
- The results are quick. Most patients see a visible difference within 24 to 72 hours after injection.
Botox is a fast, effective way to diminish those lines around your eyes, mouth, and forehead and give you a refreshed, more youthful look. To learn more about Botox or to schedule an appointment, contact us at Zannis Center for Plastic Surgery at 1-800-985-8214 or here on our site.