Plastic surgery involves many choices. One of the most difficult choices you’ll have to make is the selection of a surgeon you can trust. When choosing your surgeon, it’s of the utmost importance that you research their credentials. Several national organizations provide certification programs to cosmetic surgery practices like ours in order to ensure patient safety. Below you can read more information about how we partner with these organizations to always bring our patients the very best in personalized care.
American Society of Plastic Surgeons – Choosing an ASPS Member Surgeon ensures that you have selected a physician who:
- Has completed at least five years of surgical training with a minimum of two years in plastic surgery.
- Is trained and experienced in all plastic surgery procedures, including breast, body, face, and reconstruction surgery.
- Operates only in accredited medical facilities
- Adheres to a strict code of ethics.
- Fulfills continuing medical education requirements, including standards and innovations in patient safety.
- Is board certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery or in Canada by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada®.
ASPS Member Surgeons are your partners in cosmetic and reconstructive plastic surgery. To make sure your North Carolina plastic surgeon has these outstanding qualifications, look for the ASPS logo. You can verify that Dr. Zannis is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery by calling the American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS) at 1-866-275-2267 or visit ASPS online at plasticsurgery.org.